An indigenous Malaitan Chief of the Solomon Islands in Oceania (Photo credit: Wikipedia)English: Aerial view of SOlomon Islands (Photo credit: Wikipedia)English: The Jabal Al Akhdhar mountain foothills, and a road, in the northeastern Cyrenaica region of eastern Libya. (Photo credit: Wikipedia)Officially registered cases of HIV-infection among drug users from 1994–2007 (Photo credit: Wikipedia)Español: Escudo de Armas de las Islas Salomón (Photo credit: Wikipedia)Cover of Kitty Wells
Political MoJo } Mother Jones
American Water Intelligence
Liberal success in Libya election
Results from Libya's first elections after the overthrow of Col Gaddafi show gains for an alliance led by former interim PM Mahmoud Jibril.
Blog of Rights - ACLU
- Solomons 'launders' exotic birdsThe Solomon Islands is exporting thousands of wild birds each year claiming they are captive-bred, concludes an investigation by wildlife trade experts.July-17-12 1:45:50 AM
- Nasa may not hear rover's landingThe US space agency may not have its prime communications satellite in the right place for instant confirmation when its Curiosity rover lands on Mars.July-16-12 1:35:33 PM
- Rodent thieves 'forest saviours'Rodents that steal seeds from each other are filling the seed-dispersing role of extinct giant mammals, research suggests.July-17-12 1:38:45 AM
- Kenya ivory seized in ThailandNearly half a tonne of ivory worth more than $700,000 is seized at the airport in Thailand's capital, Bangkok, customs officials say.July-17-12 4:21:13 AM
- US approves HIV-prevention drugUS health regulators for the first time approve a drug to prevent HIV infection, despite warnings it could engender a false sense of security.July-16-12 11:30:08 AM
- Cold blamed for climate bid missThe Scottish government blames one of the coldest winters in almost a century for its failure to meet its own climate change targets in 2010.July-17-12 8:42:47 AM
Bar shooting suspect charged
The suspect in a shooting at a Tuscaloosa, Alabama, bar is in custody, police said. He's identified as Nathan Van Wilkins. The shooting left 17...
Ancient Hellenistic Harbor Found in Israel
The harbor is the largest and most important found in Israel from this period.
EPA Water Science
Food and Water Watch
Western diet linked to type 2 diabetes, coronary heart disease death
By David LIu PHD Tuesday july 17, 2012 (foodconsumer.org) -- Eating Western diet, which often consists of high fat, high added sugar and high...
Clashes continue in Syrian capital
• Fighting in Damascus enters third day• Rebels claim to have downed helicopter in capital• Senior defector accuses regime of working with...
John Sununu: 'I Wish This President Would Learn How To Be An American' (Luke Johnson/The Huffington Post)
Hazardous containers adrift near PE
A huge cylinder measuring 6m and with a diameter of 2m, has washed ashore near St Francis Bay and two more are adrift.
Body wranglers at work: Inside the global trade in human corpses
By Kate Willson, Vlad Lavrov, Martina Keller, Thomas Maier and Gerard RyleThe International Consortium of Investigative JournalistsOn Feb. 24...
NASA Expands Consideration to Poindexter family on Loss of life of Former Astronaut
Former NASA astronaut and space shuttle leader Alan "Dex" Poindexter passed away while on holiday with his family September 1 in Pensacola, Fla. An...
IRI President special envoy confers with Serbian president
President Ahmadinejad's Special Envoy and Deputy Foreign Minister in Europe and America Affairs in a meeting with Serbia president here submitted...
Big Babies May Boost Mom’s Breast Cancer Risk
Women who deliver big babies may be at greater risk for developing breast cancer in the future, a new study suggests.
FACT SHEET: White House Advanced Manufacturing Initiatives to Drive Innovation and Encourage Companies to Invest in the United States
Notice -- Continuation of the National Emergency with Respect to the Former Liberian Regime of Charles Taylor
Zoe - It's our Nature
Montreal Gazette -
all 2310 related »
Sydney Morning Herald -
all 2697 related »
Anti-HIV drug gets thumbs up - Times LIVE
US health regulators have for the first time approved using an HIV drug to prevent infection of people at high risk of contracting the virus that causes Aids. Gilead Sciences' Truvada was approved for people who are not infected but might have sex with ...
MS interferon treatment questioned - CBC.ca
A widely prescribed drug for multiple sclerosis may not slow the disease from progressing, a British Columbia study shows. Beta interferons are prescribed for the relapse-remitting form of MS, which affects about 85 per cent of people with the disease ...
In this Tuesday April 26, 2011 photo blood units are prepared for storage. (AP Photo/Valentina Petrova) Canadian Blood Services is putting out the call to Canadians to encourage them to donate blood before taking summer vacation, so that supplies don't ...
Hospital C. difficile rates decline with mandatory reporting - Updated News
The mandatory requirement that Ontario hospitals report their C. difficile rates seems to have been followed by fewer such infections, a new study suggests. C. difficile is the most frequent cause of infectious diarrhea in Canadian hospitals and ...
Obese women may not respond to hormone-suppressing drugs used in breast cancer treatment the same way normal-weight women do, a new British study has found. After treatment, the levels of the hormone estrogen go down but still remain much higher in ...
Sodium levels in meals served to patients in three Ontario hospitals are "unacceptably high," a new University of Toronto study has found. Researchers looked at meals served in three acute-care hospitals and found 100% had more than the recommended ...
Hélène Campbell still making a difference - Ottawa Citizen
OTTAWA — Three months after her double-lung transplant, Hélène Campbell is back in Ottawa and back at work on the organ donation advocacy that catapulted her to international attention earlier this year. The 21-year-old is writing a book about her ...
By Antonella Artuso ,Queen's Park Bureau Chief Premier Dalton McGuinty talks to