(YES SORRY FOR USING THIS ONE AGAIN) BUT IT WORKS WITH WHATS POSTED BELOW (Photo credit: SS&SS)
Skeptics (Photo credit: Newtown grafitti)
Reflections (Photo credit: kevin dooley)
English: Graphic illustrating the percentages of public opinions on the likelihood of some scientists falsifying global warming research. Based on Rasmussen polling of 1,000 American adults conducted July 29-30, 2011. (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
Drinking water at Back (Photo credit: Nirmal Adhikari)
no correlation (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
Sources of stratospheric chlorine. According to World Meteorological Organization, Scientific Assessment of Ozone Depletion: 1998, WMO Global Ozone Research and Monitoring Project - Report No. 44, Geneva, 1998. (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
14th March 2011 (Day 283) - How Does Order Arise? (Photo credit: helenogbourn)
Web 2.0 Summit (Photo credit: Kevin Krejci)
( You have to love Harper fans. They are so astute. )Climate Disasters
- Climate Skeptic Chemist Dr. Art Robinson: 'I don't believe in doing scientific research with government money'
- New peer reviewed study: Good food, walking and cycling keep climate change away
- Warmists claim 'North Carolina Considers Making Sea Level Rise Illegal' -- But reality is on side of skeptics
- Forbes Mag. says human sacrifice affects climate! 'Climate change is happening, it's a problem & we ought to do something about it. What we ought to do about it is is impose carbon tax'
- Asian Air Pollution Warms U.S More than Our GHG Emissions (More futility for U.S. EPA)
- Fred Pearce: On Safe Drinking Water, Skepticism Over UN Claims: UN claims 'world had reduced by half the proportion of people drinking unsafe water'
- Meteorologist Joe Bastardi on claim that 'US is warmest year on record' -- 'Globe is cooling'
- UNEP Warns of New 'Tipping Points' Being Reached -- '20-30 years into future...far enough away that it can be forgotten when date approaches & Armageddon hasn't yet arrived on schedule'
- UN's Rio Earth Summit 'will be a farce': UN process 'has proved utterly unsustainable, a dysfunctional mess that generates nothing but endless meetings, agendas and reports'
- Gleick Review Won't Be Made Public, Pacific Institute Says: 'The UK Guardian's headline gives the distinct impression Gleick was cleared of forgery by the Pacific Inst. But he wasn't
- Heartland Inst. Responds to Pacific Inst.'s Reinstatement of Gleick – cites Federal criminal prosecution
- Ahead of Rio summit, U.N. report embraces 'boundaries': 'Planetary boundaries has been seen as a successor to global warming, climate change or biodiversity as a top-level message'
- A Skeptic's Treasure Trove of Peer Reviewed Science That Challenges The AGW Climate Change 'Consensus'
- Warming nears point of no return, scientists say: 'The Earth is reaching a 'tipping point' in climate change that will lead to increasingly rapid and irreversible destruction'
- Politico cites Climate Depot's Morano on Gleick: 'It appears the Pacific Institute recognizes no consequences for clearly unethical behavior'
The World Meteorological Organization has issued he following statement:
Several regions of the world are currently coping with severe weather-related events: flash floods and widespread flooding in large parts of Asia and parts of Central Europe while other regions are also affected: by heatwave and drought in Russian Federation, mudslides in China and severe droughts in sub-Saharan Africa. While a longer time range is required to establish whether an individual event is attributable to climate change, the sequence of current events matches IPCC projections of more frequent and more intense extreme weather events due to global warming.Even though the IPCC report can be parsed in many ways, I await the textual exegesis that supports the claim that the "sequence of current events matches IPCC predictions." This will be difficult given that the IPCC didn't even make projections for 2010. I welcome in the comments efforts to justify the claim by the WMO.
I am coming to the conclusion that there is something about the climate issue that makes people -- especially but not limited to academics and scientists -- completely and utterly lose their senses. The WMO statement is (yet) another example of scientifically unsupportable nonsense in the climate debate.
Because various unsupportable and just wrong claims are being advanced by leading scientists and scientific organizations, it would be easy to get the impression that on the issues of extreme events and climate change, IPCC science has a status similar to interpretations of Nostradamus and the Mayan calenders.