Families brace for mental health cuts. Will other states follow Wisconsin?
By Lauren HaslerWisconsin Center for Investigative JournalismDonovan Richards first attempted to take his own life at age 4. The Wisconsin boy, who...
Selenium supplements may cut risk of death from breast cancer
By David Liu, PHD Saturday June 29, 2012 (foodconsumer.org) -- A new study in Breast Cancer Research and Treatment suggests that selenium...
Record heat, storms bring despair, 'horror'
Their stay in Parvin State Park in southwestern New Jersey was supposed to be a getaway, a chance to enjoy the wilderness and quality time with...
Assad's fate left open after Syria talks
Representatives agree that transitional government should be set up, but role Syrian president might play left openA UN crisis meeting in Geneva on...
Iran, Sweden FMs confer over the phone
Foreign Ministers of Iran and Sweden in a telephone conversation discussed the latest developments on nuclear talks between Iran and Group 5+1 and...
NASA's THEMIS Satellite Sees a Great Electron Escape
When scientists discovered two great swaths of radiation encircling Earth in the 1950s, it spawned over-the-top fears about "killer electrons" and...
HK marks 15 years since handover
Hong Kong is marking 15 years since its handover from UK to Chinese control, with big protests expected against visiting President Hu Jintao.
- 'Stunted' pot plants cannot growPlant pots of any size prevent plants from reaching their full potential, under-soil images reveal.June-29-12 11:44:35 PM
- China spacecraft returns to EarthChina's space capsule returns to Earth after a mission which saw the country's first manual docking procedure and its first woman in space.June-29-12 7:22:52 AM
- Big hitter to be chief scientistProf Sir Mark Walport has been appointed to be the UK government's chief scientific advisorJune-29-12 10:31:05 AM
- Warning over new 'dash for gas'The government needs to multiply investment in clean energy four-fold and resist the urge to pursue a shale gas boom, official advisers say.June-29-12 3:21:44 AM
- Reindeer is oldest UK rock artA reindeer engraved on the wall of a cave in south Wales has been confirmed as the oldest known rock art in the British Isles.June-29-12 7:26:00 AM
- Bone-eating worms drill with acidBone-eating deep sea worms dissolve seabed skeletons with acid, according to scientists.June-29-12 2:14:27 AM86 10 Shocking Secrets of Flight Attendants