Image by Fc Nikon via Flickr
Image by Stuck in Customs via Flickr
Image by Giorgio___ via Flickr
Image by loco's photos via Flickr
Image by Casey David via Flickr
Image by Sand Creation via FlickrEndangered whales begin to recover
- A certain “victim of the American drug war” has wisely said goodbye in her own inimitable style to posting about her experiences as a snitch. Apparently, she’s been in this mood for a long, long time — though I suppose it’s “statist” of me to say so.
- Speaking of statist, a gifted Virginia schoolboy has been suspended for touching the American flag.
- We may live in a police state. But at least we can still drink our troubles away. Idaho is going to permit Five Wives vodka to be sold after all. But only after a famous lawyer threatened to sue the state.
- How to get health care while uninsured.
- GOA sues to force the ATF to release documents related to Fast & Furious. (Via David Codrea’s Twitter feed)
- Thunderbird now offers personalized email addresses and will set them up for you automatically.
- Something else to worry about: Google planes. Eventually, Google drones. (H/T MJR)
- One of the best rants yet on Bloomberg’s soda pop idiocy.
- Quick. Without looking at the link, name the terrorist group that first blows people up — then blows up anyone who tries to rescue survivors — then blows up those who attend their funerals. And this monstrous villain that all decent Americans oppose is …
- How hard is it to shoot down a drone? (Unfortunately the article deals only with how hard it would be for a military to kill drones, not how hard it would be for a redneck with a rifle.)
- Finally, in the trivia department, did you know that Ray Bradbury wrote a children’s book called Dogs Think That Every Day is Christmas?
Red Deer River threatened by oil spill
Japan eyes 15% energy needs from nuclear power
A Reuters survey showed that nearly three-quarters of Japanese companies support abandoning nuclear power after the Fukushima disaster, although a majority set the condition that alternative energy resources must be secured
Reality Check - nuclear news
Radiation Exposure and Protection
Crest of the Wave
The Most Important Issues Americans THINK They Know Enough About... covers these issues and more, in an informative, conversational, though often times, shocking manner....With an ample dose of humor.
Table of ContentsIntroduction - Read the introduction (PDF).
Chapter One: Bush/McCain's Nuclear Push
- Plutonium,The Most Toxic Element Known To Man And Reprocessing Nuclear Waste
- The USA Is ‘The Persian Gulf Of Wind’
- Energy Efficiency: Negawatts, not Megawatts
- Meanwhile, Germany Leads The Way In Alternative Energy
- Decommissioning Or Disposing Of Over-Aged Nuclear Plants
- Opening Discussion
- Sabotaging The Concept Of "Organic" Foods
- Genetically Altering Our Foods
- Milk And Recombinant Bovine Growth Hormone
- Food Irradiation
- Factory Farming And Industrial Agriculture
- Aquaculture/Fish Farms
- Dead Zones, (GMO) Corn, Fertilizers And Ethanol
- Realistic Prospects And Measures For Improvement For U.S. Aquaculture
- Food, Seeds, Patents, Yesterday, And The Future
- Slow Food
- What Can I And My Family Eat?
- The Theoretical Basics Of Missile ‘Defense’
- Stratcom In Omaha, Nebraska, Where The Next War Will Be Planned, Launched And Co-ordinated
- The USA’s Nazi-Riddled Space History
- Honestly Evaluating Our Space Program, Honoring The Outer Space Treaty Of 1967, Keeping Offensive Weapons Out Of Space
- Protecting The USA Against Asian Beetles And Borers
- The ‘Dolphin-Safe’ Tuna Story Plus The Gutting Of Our Sea Turtle Law
- The Burma/Myanmar Boycott Illegalization Story
- Lurks The Danger Of An Unvoted Upon Establishment Of A North American Union (NAU)
- New Hope With A Democratic Majority In US Congress?
- Accepting Toxic Radioactive Exposure To Yourself And Your Loved Ones
- What Can You Do?
- Final Thoughts Concerning Radioactive Waste And Nuclear Power
Chapter Six: Preserve Your Dignity, American
Conrad Miller M.D. is a physician, poet, surfer, political observer and activist, living in the Hamptons
|Fighting For America's Energy Independence|
|Prince Charles on Technology|
A war now in its 11th year, comprising the invasion and occupation of two countries, as well as the ongoing bombing of at least three more, has not produced any holistic studies on its direct and indirect casualties.
That a global war can rage so long with no official will to ascertain the number of ‘others’ killed is indicative of the manner in which the cost of war is calculated by those states prosecuting it. Non-US and NATO dead, maimed, disappeared or displaced can’t be part of the equation if official policy is not to count.
Hat Tip The Human Cost of the "War on Terror" Body Counts
Twofold assault on Syria's sovereignty and reputation represents the essence of Washington's present military capabilities: sponsoring terrorism, and establishing an international narrative with the aid of its vast media resources and diplomatic pressure.
It is hard to resist and diffuse propaganda that is targeted against large groups of people. In this case, anti-Syrian propaganda by the U.S., Israel, Turkey, and the Gulf states is being targeted against the entire global public.
From Tunisia to Egypt and then Libya and now Syria, Western powers are manufacturing pretexts for wars and toppling governments. Syria is the next to go but probably not the last.They are working their way up toward Iran, it would seem. The question is why. The larger and even more fascinating question is whether any of this is coincidence.
Nothing about this rash of "youth movements" seems either spontaneous or credible. We've extensively documented the involvement of Washington and especially the State Department in destabilizing Egypt, Tunisia and Libya.
When it comes to Syria, the West is hardly trying to pretend anymore. Hillary Clinton has taken to proclaiming that Syrian President Assad must go. The unfolding war is destined to bring this about.
It is surely not about exploitation but about power. We noticed early on that the countries being destabilized all had secular governments and that the replacements would likely be Islamic-oriented governments.
This fits right into a larger perspective that the power elite is intent on creating tame regimes that will seem to endorse Islamic positions but that at the very top are beholden to Western powers.
by Stephen Lendman
When America goes to war or plans one, media scoundrels march in lockstep. Journalism is the first casualty. Managed news misinformation substitutes for truth and full disclosure.
Cheerleading propaganda is relentless. Readers and viewers are betrayed. Imperial wars are called liberating ones. Separating fact from fiction is challenging.
As the wider scientific community is turning up the heat on Hansen, future generations will examine his leading role in promoting as “settled science” the now discredited greenhouse gas theory (GHE). Indeed, as retired former U.S. Navy meteorologist, Dr. Martin Hertzberg laments, “prior to the 1970′s no mainstream science journals considered the “greenhouse effect,” let alone the theory that human emissions of CO2 had any influence on the weather.ENE News
- *Report* Japan Journalist: It’s all a big conspiracy theory to conceal facts -- …
- Mainichi: Cattle attack police car in Fukushima -- Chernobyl Biologist: 'One hog…
- Researchers having 'extraordinarily difficult time' getting Fukushima articles p…
- NHK broadcast filmed last spring: "Over 250 microSv/hour, severer than the Red F…
- Local L.A.-area Paper: "Radioactive sea spray has been shown to blow hundreds of…
- *Listen to Fukushima Special* 1st Hour Guest Arnie Gundersen: When someone steps…
- *4-hour Fukushima Special* Gundersen: This basically means that every bluefin tu…
- U.S. Physician on Fukushima: Beware of all the lifeforms you take out of the Pac…
- Journalist: Gov't said to have practiced "a kind of genocide" by not protecting …
- NYTimes Front Page: Computer worm used by U.S. to attack nuclear facilities 'had…
- Germany produces 50% of energy from solar during mid-day hours -- 'Equivalent to…
- NHK: Fukushima radiation still circling globe -- Levels consistently rise and fa…